Review - Dr.Fukaya's Hyaluronic Acid Lotion


After reading Dr.Fukaya's new English blog, I thought I would review his Hyaluronic Acid Lotion.

I have been using the Hyaluronic Acid Lotion for my face and neck since 11th April 2013 - nearly 2 months so far.  I have been applying once a day, not everyday but most days.

It's a hand-sized bottle (30ml). This one lasted for a month.


First, I was a little nervous about putting anything on my skin. I hadn't been using any moisturisers for more than 18 months and was comfortable in that way.
But soon I found his lotion completely harmless to my skin. It felt like some little thick lotion on my palm, but it became very smooth and light on my skin. I was quite fascinated by the nice feel of it. It didn't irritate my skin either.
The hyaluronic lotion has only 5 ingredients. For some of them I'm not sure if I'm translating correctly, but google gave me those answers.

Aqua (water), Hyaluronic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, Hydroxypropyl-b-Cyclodextrin

Here is my before and after pic. I didn't take any pic in April so the before pic was the one taken on the 4th March 2013.



I had the worst post-withdrawal wrinkles especially around my eyes. They were very deep and I was worried if they stay forever!  After using the lotion for 2 months, I was very happy to find that they have definitely reduced! It's working well for other parts of my face and neck as well. Although small wrinkles are still there, hopefully they will be gone in the near future.
The lotion is also supposed to be very good for anti-aging, so I think I'll be using it even after my skin gets back to normal.

I must add that the lotion doesn't work to supress eczema or flare (Dr.Fukaya is very clear about this). I think that the lotion is specifically for giving healthy thickness to skin and moisturising.  Bearing that in mind, I think the lotion would be a must-have for every current topical steroid user who find it difficult to withdraw from TS at the moment.  I'm sure that it would be beneficial for people during withdrawal too depending on their stage.  I would probably not use it when I ooze non-stop and flare up too badly - you wouldn't want anything on skin at this stage. Except for such times, I would happily use the lotion.


Dr.Fukaya will be selling the lotion worldwide in a month or so (currently only sold in Japan). So if you are interested, you can get one very soon. For your reference, 30ml bottle is sold for 3,150 yen (about £23 depending on currency rate) + delivery fee.

Stay strong fellow skin fighters!

Comments

  1. Wow. That is a big difference. I have the same under eye wrinkles too. I emailed Dr. Fukaya and I was able to purchase one through paypal. I can't wait to get it and hopefully see some improvements on the thinning of certain parts of my skin. Glad you are healing! Hang in there.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra. Glad to hear you're trying too! It worked nicely on my skin and I hope it helps you too:) Let me know your progress. Praying for your recovery. x

      Delete
  2. Hi,Tommy

    I'm aiko from japan.I'm member of atopic(Dr.sato is joinning)
    I'am somtimes reading your blog,and was got many informatision from you.So,I want to contact with you by e-mail.
    If you like,Please send me your e-mail.
    my e-mail; ito.atopic@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aiko-san, thanks a lot for your message. Just sent you an email. x

      Delete
  3. Hi my son's eczema is around the eyes area. Currently we are not using any steroids, protopic or other medication. the area is reddish and very dry,can he use dr fukaya's lotion around the eye area? Using moisturizer right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Estee, yes you should be able to use the lotion any part of your body. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. Wowwww.. reading ur blog gave me hope.. im Ainul from Malaysia.. I started having eczema since i was 1.5 years old.. and started using steroid-based medication when i was 2 years old. now im 30 and on TSW since Dec 2013. I used to have a really bad eczema all over my body n face. Now i'm healed but sadly i have a very dark under eye circle n wrinkles around my eyes that doesn't seem to go away as a result of having really bad eczema. Looking at your photos give me hope that one day, my wrinkle will go away.. I just feel like hugging u right now.. thanks again.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi the eye of life, thank you for stopping by and I hug you back! Sounds like you've done a long journey. Glad to know that you are healed:) The skin around my eyes was one of the last places to heal, but I think the lotion helped a lot. I hope your skin gets even better soon x

      Delete
  5. Hi Tommy, your blog again helped me with the info i was seeking... Thank you. I have been on MW for a month and my skin feels stronger. My face is very flaky and little patches of pink here and there, but definitely improved a lot than pre MW days. I just ordered Dr Fukaya's lotion, and im wondering when I should apply it. Would you recommend applying it just after shower / face wash? Many thanks and hugs again for your kindness. With smile, H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi H, thank you for your comment. Glad to hear that your skin is getting stronger :) I think that I tend to apply Dr. Fukaya's lotion after shower, but really I'd put it anytime I feel like. I find the feel of lotion quite soothing and calming. Hope you like the lotion :) x

      Delete
  6. Hi Tommy I am new to using this forum & not sure that this blog is still running. Just wanted to ask if this lotion helps with the "elephant skin" stage of TSW. Dis you find it stung or you felt any slight reaction when first using it? Many thanks & congratulations on your success in healing your skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! The lotion didn't sting my skin. I tried all types of Dr.Fukaya's lotions and all of them seemed gentle :)

      Delete

Post a Comment